To ensure your paint job runs smoothly you need to follow the below tips which will guarantee saving time and limiting unexpected surprises.
Remove all hardware from the walls such as:
- Electrical plug covers
- Cable and phone outlet covers
- All pictures and artwork
- Light fixtures if you’re painting the ceiling
- Drop sheets all along the walls and floors; tape them down so that they stay in place.
- Apply painter’s tape around all moldings, window frames, and door frames to prevent stray paint.
- Furniture should be removed if possible and if not then tightly covered to protect them. Any furniture that can’t be removed should be organized in the center of the room to keep the areas around the walls clear.
Before you open up a can of paint, make sure you have something close at hand to use to wipe up spills. If you’re using latex paint, have water and rags on hand. And if you’re using oil-based or enamel paint, have mineral spirits.
Protect soft furnishings
Soft furnishings such as mats and rugs should be removed and stored away safely away from the room. Window treatments such as curtains, drapes, and blinds should also be cleared away.
Managing to follow the above will not only save you time but also headaches and mission will be accomplished in the smoothest way.