Information required to be collected through using cookies includes information about pages viewed, products/services of interest, in addition to users’ overall navigation journey around this website.
Cookies are small data files placed on the user’s device (such as ‘computer’ or ‘smartphone’ or ‘tablet’) as the user browses this website. Cookies basically retain information relevant to the device accessing the website. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of this website and are also used to facilitate identifying the products and services that may be offered and advertised to users whether on this website and elsewhere.
In addition, the user’s visit, IP or server address, domain name, the date, time and duration of the visit, the pages and documents accessed, the referring url and the type of browser used, may be recorded. This information is collected for statistical purposes only to ensure optimum personalized use for users, and to continually improve this website.
Cookies may be used for measuring, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of the functions and content of our website, for the purpose of improvement.
Cookies placed and stored on the user’s computer or other device when accessing this website are designed by SIPES, or on behalf of SIPES, and are necessary for:
- ● using this website
- ● marketing programmes
- ● broadcasting advertisements
- ● security purposes
PURPOSES OF COOKIES :
Cookies are used for:
- 1. Technical purposes necessary for the effective operation of this website, especially with respect to site navigation.
- 2. Marketing purposes with respect to providing personalized experience for each user according to his/her interests.
- 3. Security purposes with respect to detecting and preventing fraud through the web and social media.
- 4. Collection of information regarding browsing and interest patterns of users, and the performance of any type of activity including monitoring campaigns, competitions etc.
- 5. Monitoring results of job recruitment campaigns.
Disabling cookies is conducted through adjusting the website browser settings to reject cookies, according to the browser used by each user. Disabling cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- 1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- 2. Click on the “privacy” tab
- 3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- 1. Choose Settings> Advanced
- 2. Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- 3. Click “Cookies”
- 1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
- 2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- 1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- 2. Click on the icon “privacy”
- 3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- 1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
- 2. Privacy
Consequences of Disabling Cookies
Disabling cookies may result in improper operation of the website, depending on the disabled types of cookies. If all cookies are disabled, seamless navigation of the website will be negatively impacted.